External Research Events
There are many events going on around campus that are related to the fields of philosophy, neuroscience and psychology. Here are some links to the various events pages.
- IGSN - The International Graduate School of Neuroscience @ the Ruhr University Bochum - Even if you are not a member of the IGSN you are free to attend their symposium and conferences (conferences usually require prior registration). They cover all areas of neuroscience and provide fantastic network for getting to know other neuroscientists.
- Otto Creutzfeldt Center for Cognitive and Behavioral Neuroscience (OCC) @ WWU Münster - Colloquia are held during the semester on every other Wednesday at 4:15 pm. External and internal speakers.
- SFB 874 - Integration and Representation of Sensory Processes @ the Ruhr University Bochum - A variety of symposium and outreach events. Note there is a large overlap with the IGSN events.
- INI Seminar - Institut für Neuroinformatik @ the Ruhr University Bochum - Weekly talks by internal and external guests. Usually on Wednesdays at 12:30 pm in room NB 3/57 (dates, times and venue may vary see website for details).
- Institute for Philosophy II @ the Ruhr University Bochum
- Bochum Memory Colloquium @ the Ruhr University Bochum - "Philosophy meets cognitive science". Virtual meetings taking place on Tuesdays at 4:15 pm. Please visit website for further information.
The research unit FOR 2812 "Constructing scenarios of the past: A new framework in episodic memory" is a project funded by the German Research Foundation (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, DFG). The research unit studies the cognitive and neuronal mechanisms underlying scenario construction in episodic memory. We employ and integrate approaches from Philosophy, Psychology, and Experimental and Computational Neuroscience.
44801 Bochum, Germany
Tel: +49 (0)234 32 27996
Fax: +49 (0)234 32 14210