We strongly support women pursuing a scientific career by providing a supportive working environment. Our research colloquiums will provide researchers with a chance to meet female scientists from the field. Wherever possible we will organize fireside talks with our invited speakers giving our early career researchers the oppurtunity to network and to talk in depth about science and issues that women encounter in an academic career.
More information can be found at https://for2812.rub.de/internal (FOR 2812 members only).
We work together with the Equal Opportunities Offices (Gleichstellungsbüro) at the Ruhr University Bochum and the University of Münster.
Some of the services:
- Conference funding - once a year per person - WWU
- Erstklassig! - 18 month program for postdocs and higher to help them on their way to a successful career as a professor in academia - WWU
- Meet the female faculty - this event happens once a year and the website is only accessible if you have a RUB account. The next meeting is on 15.01.2020 and is in German. If you would like to participate and do not have a RUB account get in touch with the research unit coordination office for help - RUB
- Mentoring3 - for doctoral students and higher. Provides a mentor to discuss career planning and to network - RUB
- Peer mentoring for postdocs - for those of you planning to enter an academic career - RUB
- Support circle - after attending an orientation meeting (once a year?) researchers meet in small groups every 6-8 weeks for discussions - for all female researchers - WWU