In order to accommodate family schedules of participating researchers, all events will be scheduled between 9 am and 4 pm, if possible. If events have to be scheduled during a time when regular child-care is not available we will work together with the universities central administration to try to provide a solution. We also have the capability to help with financing alternative child-care when children fall ill on school days or when regular day-care is closed (restrictions apply). Where child-care is not an option, e.g., for infants, parents can be provided with a home office solution.
More information can be found at https://for2812.rub.de/internal (FOR 2812 members only).
Please inform the coordination office if you have a child under the age of 13 or if you are the principle care provider for a family member. Given that we are a public institution we must comply with central regulations. By getting in touch with us before an emergency occurs we can advise you on how to make the most of our services. We work in collaboration with the unit "Familiengerechte Hochschule" at the Ruhr University and the "Servicebüro Familie" at the University of Münster. Services across universities may differ.
Some interesting services:
- Travel and child-care reimbursements for conference and workshop attendance
- Emergency/back-up child-care
- Vacation programs for school going children. Information, in German, from RUB can be found here and from WWU here.
- Mobiles Kinderzimmer - A mobile station that you can set up in your office if you need to bring your child to work. Includes: diaper changer, bottle warmer, kettle, pack and play, child sized table and stool, floor mat, games, books and crafts. Suitable for children ages 0 - 8 years. Currently available only at the main RUB campus. Enquire at the FOR 2812 coordination office.
- Portable toy boxes for the office
- At the RUB main cafeteria you can buy your children a "kids portion" for only 1.50EUR (child must be present, restrictions apply) [Currently closed due to pandemic]